With Aesthetic Record, you can implement a cancellation policy to charge your client a fee when they cancel or reschedule their appointment.
Important Note: You can only charge your client after you have configured your payment settings and enable payment processing with Stripe. If you haven't done so, learn how to do it here.
To create a cancellation policy for your clinic, follow these steps:
1. Log in your Aesthetic Account on a desktop browser. Navigate to the wheel icon at the top right corner. Click on it to access your Settings.
2. Navigate to the Settings menu on the left, click on Appointments. Then, select Cancellation Policy.
3. Turn on the Cancellation Policy toggle if it is off.
4. Once you have turned it on, the policy form will appear.
5. Enter the policy description. This is what your client sees when your policy comes into effect. In this description, you can clarify the fee and the conditions for this fee to be applied.
At the bottom, make sure to fill in the following options:
Cancellation Fees - The amount your client will be charged when they cancel their appointment.
Charge Cancellation Fee If Appointment Cancels Within - Specifies the time period when a client will be charged if they choose to cancel.
CC Authorization Text - This text will appear during the card capture stage when your client books their appointment. Make it clear to them that their card is only charged when they cancel their appointment.
6. At the bottom of the form, click Save to finish your set up.
With this cancellation policy in place, your client will be charged whenever they cancel an appointment within the time period specified in your policy.
On the day of the appointment, you can also mark your client as No Show if they fail to attend their appointment and apply the cancellation fee to their account.