If you are using Aesthetic Record’s Inventory management feature (and you really should be!) you can also add in traceability details for any product that was used a client’s procedure.
To view/add/edit traceability information of a procedure:
- Click Clients at the top navigation menu.
- Click on the record of the required patient.
- Scroll down the Cosmetic Timeline until you reach the desired procedure.
- Under Treatment Summary, click on Traceability Details.
- View add/edit/delete information.
- Click SAVE.
The “traceability info” page lets us be HIPAA compliant in the easiest manner possible.
The page will list:
- Any products used where a provider or other office worker can then add in important details like batch numbers and expiration dates.
- You can select the information from the product that has already been entered in your inventory and in this way Aesthetic record keeps track of what you have used and if you set a price per unit for this item – also how much to charge the client for the product as well.
- You can go ahead and delete or edit any traceability details here. The dropdown will let you select a batch from what you have in your inventory and designate the number of units coming from that batch, up to the amount used.Then just click add to add these details.
If you have not yet set up your inventory on Aesthetic Record and wish to use this feature, take a look at our tutorial on Product Inventory Management.